5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHURCH AND CHILDREN
1. In every conjugal act, the couple must be open to love and life (bonding and babies), as the two-fold purpose of sex. (Genesis 1,18 and Genesis 2,24)
2. In July 1994, Pope John Paul II said that people “tend to think that the Church supports an ideology of fertility at all costs, urging married couples to procreate indiscriminately and without thought for the future.” On the contrary, the Church believes in responsible parenthood rather than multiplying like rabbits.
3. Humanae Vitae # 10 speaks of responsible parenthood taking into consideration the following conditions: (1) financial/economic, (2) social, (3) psychological, (4) emotional, and (5) health/physical capacity of the couple.
4. The couple must be responsible in bringing children into the world by deciding BY THEMSELVES (not recommended by the state!) on how many kids to have, through prayer, discernment and the question, “Does Jesus want us to have this child?” Only for serious reasons and not selfish ones, must a couple defer a birth.
5. As the couple discerns the spacing of births, only modern natural family planning methods that respect the woman’s fertility cycle, must be used.