5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHY THE WORLD ISN’T OVERPOPULATED
1. Is the world overpopulated? No. In fact, by 2050, UN predicts world population will peak and then start to decline.
2. Is the Philippines overpopulated? No. It’s just congested and overcrowded. Normal to converge in the cities because there are more jobs. But there’s more than enough land area for every Filipino.
3. Is there a food shortage? No! It’s food mismanagement. America has enough food to feed the world! The problem is sharing of resources.
4. Is there a resources shortage? No! There are more natural reserves in the planet than we thought we have. Also, due to human ingenuity, we can produce more food and resources per area.
5. Is reducing our population going to eradicate poverty in the Philippines? No. For an economic problem, you need an economic solution: better economic and political policies and the staunch eradication of corruption.